Sunday, September 19, 2010

Also Starring: Legs

Legs is apparently a cellar spider. Don't tell her, though. She lives in the corner of the bathroom.

She's the only indoor spider on the roster, and the one who makes me suspect I might be going a tad overboard on this spider-watching business. I never, ever thought I'd be marking indoor webs to stay put.

I have no idea at this point what she eats. I'm not sure I want to know. I mean, the very fact she's there means I'm sharing my house with more critters than I care to think about just now.

At first glance, her web looks like a disgraceful tangle, but it's really quite organized with several sheets of silk spread out in layers that she moves between.  I can't always see her, even at night. She's hard to spot when she's between layers, and she has a couple of crannies to tuck away in.

No comments:

Post a Comment